Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Monkey Bay Sauvingon Blanc

I'm not a huge wine drinker.  See blog title for clarification.  But every once in a while, there is something worth mentioning.  Especially when I haven't posted in a while.

You see....  this.... this is nice: 

Monkey Bay Sauvingnon Blanc, 2012.

The label says it's best shared with friends, but I drank the bottle myself.  Over two days, really.

Okay, I had one glass yesterday and polished off the bottle tonight while watching Breaking Bad and filing the calluses off my feet.

It's crisp and refreshing but not too dry.  It's fruity, but not like *fruit* more like... um... fruit and grass salad on ice?  It tastes exactly like I would hope a white wine might taste if it were not tasting like Gewürztraminer, which I love.

I bought it for the label, because I'm a sucker for spirals, among other things.....  but I'll buy it again for the wine in the bottle.

Especially if I kick butt on tomorrow morning's job interview...

No comments:

Post a Comment